The Rochester Bridge Trust Art Competition
Terms & Conditions
Competition launch: 24 April 2017
Entries accepted from: 1 May 2017
Closing date: Tuesday 22 August at midday
Exhibition dates: Friday 6th October – Tuesday 10th October
- Artists must be aged between 7 and 17 years old.
- The competition is only open to UK residents, unless otherwise stated.
- The theme of the competition is ‘Bridging Medway. Entries must be inspired by the theme either figuratively or metaphorically.
- Entries will be accepted in any 2D or 3D medium, including photography.
- Entries must be of a size suitable for display at Nucleus Arts Centre Gallery in Chatham.
- Artwork submitted must be original and created by the artist(s) named in the application.
- There is no entry fee or purchase required for young people entering the Junior Art Competition.
- Entry is taken as consent to re-produce entrant’s artwork.
- By entering a competition you give permission for any drawings or photographs submitted to be used for publicity purposes, including on the Trust’s websites, social media outlets and in the media.
- Entrants’ personal details will not be shared, however first name, age and town (and, where appropriate, education establishment) may be revealed for the purposes of competition promotion. For adults (in particular teachers) a surname may also be used where appropriate.
- Enter via the Rochester Bridge Trust website from Monday 1st May 2017, to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must be received by the closing date (proof of posting is not proof of delivery) and to the specifications of the competition. Incomplete entries will not be eligible.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entry is by email, attaching one digital photo for 2D entries and up to 3 digital photos for 3D entries, and including the name, age, and if applicable, school, of the artist.
- Contact details for a parent, guardian, educator or other responsible adult must be included within the entry.
- Digital photos should be of a high resolution and between 1MB and 6MB in size.
- The decision of the judge(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful entrants will be notified by email by Thursday 14th September 2017 and invited to attend the Twilight Launch on Friday 6th October 4-6pm.
- Availability and confirmation of attendance at the Launch should be confirmed by email, by Thursday 21st September 2017.
- Short-listed work must be delivered to Nucleus Art Gallery on Thursday 5th October 2017 between 9.30am and 5.30pm.
- Work to be supplied ready to exhibit.
- Each entry must be clearly labelled with the name and age of artist and title of work.
Judging, preview and exhibition:
- The winner(s) will be announced at the Twilight Launch.
- Depending on the age of the overall winner, the prize will be a family ticket to an activity park, such as Legoland, Thorpe Park, or similar, determined by the Trust at time of judging. Runners-up prizes may also be presented. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Rochester Bridge Trust reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. There will be no cash alternative.
- The Rochester Bridge Trust cannot accept responsibility for returning any entries.
- Artwork must be picked up on Wednesday 11th October 2017 between 9.30 and 5pm. Please contact Nucleus 01634 812108 directly if you have any queries regarding delivery or pick up of work.
Entry to the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.